Untold Mysteries of Agra
What is the contest?
An Inter – School History Writing Contest.
Objective of the contest
‘Study the past if you would define the future’; generation which ignores history has no past and no future. Agra is the ambassador of cultural heritage of India. Our city is dotted with rich evidences of its historical past. And we are sure that we Agraites know our responsibility to conserve our treasure. Through this contest we provide an opportunity to delve out interesting historical events of eternal Agra. In the process we will share little known facts, unusual and unique untold historical stories of the city. These stories could be about- a building, a statue, a place of worship, a fort, natural features, food, festivals, mela, craft etc.
- History of Agra
Who may participate?
- The contest is open to all students of class VII to XII of all schools.
- There can be only one entry per contestant.
How to enter?
Last date for entry
- Entries will be entertained from 20th of September, 2013, deadline midnight of 30th September 2013.
Things to remember
- Let your entry be in the form of a prose, a poem, an essay, a short story, a play, or any other original literary work.
- Photographs, paintings, drawings to enhance the value of your writing, will be welcome.
- Write-up should not exceed 750 words.
- Entries can be in English or Hindi.
Rating of Entries
- Entries will be judged by Historians and professors of history.
- Besides 1st, 2nd & 3rd prize, there will be two Consolation Prizes.
- Participation Certificates will be given to all the participants.
- Award ceremony will be held on 31st October, 2013.
Note: Historical accuracy is of prime importance